Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Gideon's future work out program

So I've been wanting to get Gideon driving for quite a while, somewhat similar to this guy here. Our neighbor Bill kindly lent us a harness and log skidder last winter (which we used a few times) but what I REALLY want is a wagon. There is still some discussion as to whether or not owning horses can be a truly sustainable practice, but I feel that driving is becoming a lost art, and if we can haul some logs out of our woods and give a few guests hayrides while preserving that art, then for the time being I'm happy.

Jay's cousin Dan, who lives nearby and skids logs with his horses, showed us some harness and a small wagon (called a forecart) he's got for sale, and maybe - just maybe- we can get Gideon cracking this summer! Woo hoo!

Please accept my blog-slacker apologies. My boy is crawling now, and he's a fast little booger! Photo evidence to come, I'm sure....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is owning horses sustainable? Who cares? Is music sustainable? Photography? Dance? Moonshine? Some things should be enjoyed because they are part of joy. Joy is not "sustainable!" I want my cotton-pickin wagon ride, dangit!

Julianne