Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Owain



Owain is full of abundant joy. He is gregarious, happy and attuned to all around him. Owain loves people and perks up with any new visitor. He loves music and dancing and will spin himself silly and laugh, "Oops, I fall down." He has no fear, cuddling dogs, horses, llamas, pigs, goats and donkeys. He can focus and put puzzles together, with help, and play by himself contently. He is an avid book lover. Owain owns the farm and wanders with bravado and grace through the garden, yard, barn and trees. He knows what he wants and itches with impatience for a buttered muffin or to throw rocks in the creek. His hazel eyes radiate into the people around him and his smile lifts me up. Best of all, he will just settle right next to you and do what you are doing like he has always been there and done that. I can not imagine living on this farm without my son.

Papa (Jay)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your LOVE for your son.

Happy birthday O!

christina said...

jay that shot of the two of you is so sweet. it is the picture of happiness and love.

Becca said...

Jay, your odes to Owain always make me teary--and grateful to be such a close part of your life. It's always odd to me - reading this blog from my 2-day-a-week perch in Saint Paul. I feel like an onlooker for a few moments, then am swiftly reminded that this, too, is my life. Being away for two weeks certainly amps up the emotions. We missed you guys and can't wait to celebrate the big "2" with Owain very soon. Auntie B