Friday, April 15, 2005

Arthur is an acrobat

The days are warm now - 75 on Sunday, and the farm is greening, with buds popping out everywhere. Arthur is doing back flips off of Becca's uterus, Gus made a break for it and ended up cringing under a bush outside for a few hours last week. It must be spring!

I, by the way, had a vision of B & C's baby recently. A girl. Dark curly hair - not a "poofro" (as B put it) but silky waves. She was a child in my vision, with B's blue eyes. I SWEAR Arthur is a girl, people. Anyone care to make a wager?

We're looking toward farming it with a mix of intense anticipation and a little dose of nerves while Jay hunts for a job out there and we all begin to take the baby steps toward full-blown transition.

Jay and I both have let people know we won't be returning to our jobs. This is a great relief, as I'm losing patience with the cement tomb aka my office. When you work in a temperature-controlled, windowless space lit by flourescents, it's hard to know what season it is at all, which pains me to no end. I just want to gaze upon a few daffodils springing up in the grass. Is that so wrong?

It's gonna be birthday mania in a couple of weeks as Jay and Bex celebrate their near-simultaneous special days with music and the traditional Italian feast. We will set places for all of you! Bring wine!

Love and pesto to all,

Charis

No comments: