Sunday, August 21, 2005

Happy problems

You simply haven't lived until you've seen your true love's face reflected in the shiny green of an elephantine zuchinni.

It's harvest time at the farm, people. A red torrent of tomatoes, zukes the size of a body builder's bicep, broccoli, broccoli BROCCOLI, cukes to fill around 30 pickle jars (and still coming). And one freakishly large pumpkin vine with a green pumpkin on it already the size of a beach ball. We're having trouble eating and preserving all of it, as it appears our soil has some sort of magic growth nutrient multiplying within. This is a great problem to have - overwhelming, but fun too as we slowly can our way out of our sanity.

We've had lots of fun with visitors recently - good laughs on our brand spankin new deck, with each friend bringing some skill or talent to the farm (even if it's eating).Jay's uncle Ken (who worked for the phone company for many years) visited with his wife Edna and Jay's parents and set up new phone jacks in the upstairs and basement, and so many of our friends and family have lent a hand to the great deck building project. Next is putting the hot tub together, building a practice room for Jay, fixing the potholes in the driveway and patching and painting my arena. Nothing much!

The horses are doing great. My training horse is staying until mid-September and Gideon is a joy - definitely the easiest horse I've ever started. Fun and lovey. I've got five rides on him now and he's doing great. Colby had a horrible reaction to a shot he got and had some bad swelling on his neck (that eventually gave in to gravity and became a giant man boob on his chest). He's finally recovering from that little trauma. The weather is gorgeous - sunny and breezy, in the low 70's. Perfect riding weather, and the bugs are finally abating a bit.

I'm very excited for fall (my favorite season) and Arthur's imminent arrival. Right now he looks a bit like the pumpkin in the garden - but in my sistah's belly! I'm embarrassed to say this, but the tiny clothes are finally getting to me. I'm just trying to figure out how to get a onesie that would fit me.

All right, it's late and I'm sleepy. Over and out!

Love and miniscule booties to all,


Charis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol at poor colby's boob corrie noted that he's had the hardest transition there give him a carrot for me love,amy