Thursday, November 17, 2005

Corrie Poppins came, charmed a little baldish person, and went back home again

But isn't that how most of the magical nannies do it? I think Corrie went home via plane though, and not umbrella. At least I dropped her off at the airport, but I suppose there's no telling... at any rate, if she did fly home by umbrella, she had some SERIOUS WEATHER TO CONTEND WITH! BLIZZARD!

Yes, after a ridiculous sucession of beautiful days where people took long walks and had to remove their outers layer because the sun was too warm, an early snow took us by surprise and last night we hit a whopping 3 above zero here in this heartland paradise. Also, just to give you an idea of just how much I love you, I spent 1/2 hour getting the truck out of a snowdrift today so I could come to the library and write on this here blog.

Corrie being here was definitely one of the highlights of my November thus far.We had a great time, and I even learned me how to cook a pot roast - my first ever! I really do mean it when I tell you that the baby took to Corrie. He loved being cuddled to her luxurious bosom. And, as I said to Corrie, that baby won't be getting anything like that as long as he's being held by the B-plus girls in my family.

Have I told you that Ellis and I have a routine now? He lies on my lap and I do various exercises with his arms and legs, like bicycle, kick and kick, tai bo (sp?), bump your bottom (Corrie's fave), punch the sky, roll it and roll it, clap your paws (baby feet look like paws in his footie jammies - don't you think?) and shake the belly. Ellis being the incredibly advanced child he is really has to have things mixed up a bit and simply isn't happy with the same old same old. He's always keeping me on my toes, that boy.

Thanksgiving this year will be with Jay's family at the farm for us. I'm looking forward to doing dinner as I feel I need the practice with holiday events. I've been freeloading off of my mom long enough!

I went for two glorious rides this morning in the fresh snow - Colby first, then Gideon. The chill exhilarates me - I've gotta be honest.

Hope all are well out there in cyberspace. Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Winter!

Love and steaming chai tea to all...

Charis

No comments: