Thursday, December 01, 2005

Let it snow let it snow ... well, you know the rest.

So I don't have long today, but I just came from the grocery store, where in the parking lot, I had to divide my bags in to the ones with stuff that SHOULDN'T freeze (truck cab) and ones that could freeze and it wouldn't matter (truck bed). Little things like this - things I never had to think about in Portland - tickle me to no end.

Also, we're picking up a half a cow on the way home, 80 pounds of which is burger. Now tell me, how many people do you know who could eat a 1200 pound cow a year? Thankfully we're only getting half, and dividing it up among 5 parties at that. By the way, it's Tryston's prize-winnin' fair cow - the one he spent hours blow-drying for the competition. Isn't it all kind of surreal? The Beyrers always sell us the blue ribbon winners and end up eating the dairy cows that broke their legs themselves. In fact, Sherri told B and I that Bill and Tryston weren't allowed to shoot any deer for the family this year because they didn't have any room in the freezer. Crazy life!

So now I have to learn to cook with beef.

I'm off to pick up my cute, bearded grizzly adams husband!

Love and hot cocoa with real marshmallows from Wisconsin, where it will reach a balmy 7 above tonight! More to come soon, I promise.

Charis

No comments: