Friday, June 12, 2009

No. Bad.



These fuzzy shots were all I could get, because Pure Evil is difficult to capture on film. This is our friendly neighborhood woodchuck. He is really in to a few things - special things like munching the strawberries just as they're turning red, digging up the pumpkin seedlings and laying waste to my bittersweet and honeysuckle vines. And did I mention he's also doing some interior decorating? Yes, he's been caught dragging things like gloves, foil, bubble wrap and tarps through the yard and stuffing them into his dark lair, fashioning some sort of perverse nouveau-garbage feng shui down there, I'm sure.

But I hate him the most because every time I get mad enough to pull out a gun (translation: pay the neighbor to take him away in a cage) when he comes snuffling around, he does something ridiculous like hug a tree or lick himself, and I get all mesmerized by the cuteness and want to bring him inside and make him tea and cucumber sandwiches and sew him a little coat like he's a Beatrix Potter character.

Help.

7 comments:

Brandon said...

His cutesy defense strategy is exactly why FU, Penguin was created. Don't forget that.

charissimo said...

I know. I consider this an homage to FUP, by the way...

charissimo said...

And by "homage" I mean outright thievery.

Joel said...

how much wood does it chuck? get r done wood chuck.

charissimo said...

Honestly. If it actually *chucked wood*, like say *into our wood pile* we'd be getting somewhere, but aside from its maddening adorableness, it's worthless.

Kathie said...

oh,no not your honeysuckle and bittersweet! He'd be gone in a minute here on Nevada Ct...well, now that you mentioned Beatrix Potter, maybe I would be a bit conflicted. Gee, I don't know....
kathie

Matthew said...

Why do you hate artists...and then love them for a moment...after you desire to kill them?