Friday, December 11, 2009

Luz

Yes, I'm dedicating an entire blog post to light fixtures. You see, there is one thing about our kitchen that makes it go from barely tolerable to cook in to delightfully lovely: lighting. Our IKEA brand under-the-cabinet lights died on us last spring and the replacement fixtures (which are seemingly higher quality but also higher installation difficulty) just went in today, thanks to Chris, who used a lot of elbow grease (and gorilla glue at times) to persuade the world's tiniest screws to attach the darn things to the underside of our cupboards...

...taking our dear kitchen from this:


...to this:

See?! This is the sort of thing that inspires me to blog once in a blue moon these days! But now I'll have evenly chopped onions, well-read recipes, properly measured spices, and the use of all my digits--avoiding chopping the tips of my fingers off because I couldn't see the darn edge of the knife--all thanks to good lighting. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find something to do in the kitchen.

4 comments:

Clint said...

Isn't is wonderful how a little thing can make such a big difference?

Sybil Runs Things said...

Oh WOW! I love it! I am dying to do something with our kitchen so it will have open cupboards and I really want lights like that. Are hey hardwired in? I am assuming so. They look great!

Becca said...

Hey Sybil - the lights are actually not hard wired. They come with lots of cord that can be cut to size, then the lights connect via plugs. The whole thing plugs into an outlet and there is a switch. Kind of a pain to deal with the cords, but great for a do-it-yourself-er!

scrappinmum said...

CJ
Grandpa Harold is smiling!