Friday, July 01, 2005

Bliss

(Written a while ago, but no chance to place onto a computer - we are less technologically fit and I do not miss any of it.)

After a full and wonderful day of moving (thank you Chris, Becca, Ted, Jeannine and Ben), Charis and I have had days of bliss. Days better than imaginable, better than dreamed. I would walk around the farm, sit in the grass, drink a beer on the front porch and be in complete amazement. Pinching myself and washing my face with prestine accuracy can not remove the smile.

Charis and I awake around 6:30 to bright blue skies and magnificent green trees. The mulititude of birds and their songs sing to us. Charis goes to the barn and I go to the garden next to the barn. I carry scissors and the lettuce spinner. I fill up the spinner with lettuce and pick 20 or so stalks of rubarb. After throwing the giant leaves from the rhubarb in the compost, I sit down and start pulling weeds - queens lantern?, needles and grass (hay). An hour or two have gone by without my knowing it and Charis arrives with a wheelbarrom of manuer. We head up and have a hearty breakfast - bacon, eggs, pancakes, coffee.

Then we head off to some chore - building a stall, putting up a fence, more cleaning out of the garden. A couple of hours have gone by without us knowing it and we have lunch. Charis goes out then to ride one of her horses and I practice my horn. We finish the morning project and a couple of hours have gone by without us knowing it.

Dinner comes, a giant salad, picked in the morning and lots of savory protein. Tired, yet full of life, we sit on our front porch and watch the thunderstorm dance a light parade across our sky. We try to read and then fall into sleep excited to awake again to the birds, blue and green.

Jay

No comments: