Thursday, April 27, 2006

34

I had an awesome Tuesday, April, 25.

I started the night before by sitting in at the Stones Throw in Eau Claire. I played a couple of tunes. I also collected all the contact information for a legitimate sextet. (After solidifying dates, we have a gig at the Mabel Tainter Theater on Nov. 18.)

I arrived home at 2 a.m. and snuggled in next to my radiator wife. She left me to freeze and sleepin until the crazy hour of 8:30. She fixed me an awesome coffee cake. We took a glorious long hike on the ridge loop in bright sun and crisp air. All the green is trying to pop out and little white flowers are dancing, "look at me."

After the walk, Charis and I sat on our deck and each finished our books. I read a fantastic adolscent novel called The Sunshine Rider. We had lunch outside while reading.

Mid-afternoon we went to the big city of Eau Claire. I filled my arms with about 20 CDs, I feel like a kid in the candy shop, and we headed to dinner. A student teacher recommended a restaurant in town she works at. It looked like another town bar, but walk in and I felt like I was in Scotland: dark, quiet, rich deep wood and Coltrane was on the speakers. I had myself a few good micro-brews (yes, there some good ones out here) and awesome fish. I learned the inside scoop that fresh fish is delivered on Tuesday. The specials sounded like this: salmon, caught on the line in Alaska; halibut, caught on the line in Alaska. I had the salmon with skeet - wing of sting ray. The skeet was bland, but still a fantastic meal.

Return home and dive in a beautifully written book - The Bell Jar.

1 comment:

charissimo said...

So, I've been 34 for 4 months now, and I want to know where MY dirty whore is! CORRIE!