Monday, February 19, 2007

Watch Owain eat

For over a month now Owain has been insisting that what goes in our mouth should go in his. The result has been spilled cereal, spilled cottage cheese and pear, spilled drinks, hands covered in salad dressing, egg, potatoes, and plenty of long carrot sticks and orange peel in the mouth. We decided it was time. Please check out Owain's first allowed attempt at avacado. We also gave him a pear to gum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRpz9aq5cQY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki3vLmb1lT0

For the record, the Owain with the mechanical teddy bear is NOT our Owain. Neither is the one "playing with wires." Yikes.

Jay and Charis

4 comments:

anya milton said...

OK, I don't know what's funnier, the baby or the baby momma?!

Anonymous said...

Ame and I watched this video and our vote was unanimous - This is a piece of cinematic genius the like of which Hollywood hasn't seen since the days of Hepburn and Cary Grant. Every time I watch it I get something new out of it.

Love,
Jules

Becca said...

I LIVE with this child and I find this video hysterical and sweet. I know I'll watch it three more times today. Nothin' better than a baby tasting food for the first time!

charissimo said...

Yes, I find it to be a little like Citizen Kane - what did I MEAN with my use of light and shadow, and how did my slow pan to the right reflect the plight of humanity? Owain and I spent a lot of time meditating on his motivation in those scenes, and I think his hard work paid off.

I'm just glad to be able to share the joy, peeps.

By the way Anya - your story about Elka and the bandaids at the Target had me ROLLING. I keep on forgetting to tell you!

Love to all o you

C