Sunday, September 30, 2007

Owain is my son



The other day I went out to chop wood during Owain's first nap. I grabbed a nice, warm, blue stocking cap to keep warm with the morning bite still in the air. The hat was new and fit wonderfully. When I came back in sweating and thirsty Charis informed that the new warm, blue stocking cap was indeed the one she just bought from Goodwill for Owain for this winter. Sure enough, it fit his head too. This jump started me investigating all the ways we are similar: Like father, like son. We both:

- apparently have the same-sized head
- prefer to be outside
- like to run around naked
- love bread and cheese
- have a high-pitched, ear-piercing call
- love the water
- have a belly button that is an inny but has an outty part inside
- are infatuated with Charis' breasts
- do not like to go to bed
- think we can do anything
- are abundantly stubborn
- make statements that make no sense to the listener, but make complete sense to us
- enjoy being where everyone else is
- love to pick tomatoes and apples
- think we know a lot more than we do
- love to dance, but look like complete dorks when we do
- have foreheads that stretch way back with minimal hair
- know the same amount of Spanish
- share attention-span lengths
- are always busy and never still

Jay

5 comments:

Becca said...

I'd also like to add that Jay and Owain share a love of slapstick & physical humor. Owain falls flat on his face and bounces right back up like a tiny Buster Keaton, and Jay hoots to beat the band.

This photo of Owain is killin' me!

-Proud Auntie

The Process said...

I love this post, Jay! See you on Saturday (N got the music in the mail too, thanks!)
B.

mamamilkers said...

That photo of Owain is priceless! I also liked the list. So cute :)

Ann-Marie said...

what a great post, jay. you'll have to create a similar one in another year or two to show how owain takes on your personality traits and such. :)

Frogs Mom said...

I love lists. :) I shared this with DH - we're reading in bed (this counts as what I'm reading lately, right Jay?) - and we both thought this was so funny.