Friday, December 07, 2007

The Votes are In

It appeared to come down to the wire with Becca and I up until the unchristian hour of 11:00 last Friday night (well, Becca went to bed at 10:30) watching the votes pour in. With every vote we'd get, the other guy would always manage to pull ahead. Today I got an email saying that we won the peoples choice award and that after all the votes had been audited we won it by a whopping 50 votes! Thanks so much to everyone who voted for us. We promise to put the prize money to good use. I'm thinking either a pair of these shoes or perhaps one of these snowboarding kites.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAHOOOOOOO!!! So happy to hear that you guys are totally the most popular blog! This is way better than being the second most popular blog :)
Corrie

charissimo said...

I think we should buy a humongous, human-sized bottle of cheap champagne with the winnings. Or a small, regular-sized bottle of really amazing champagne would do as well. Or a pair of those shoes. Sweet!

charissimo said...

Oh yeah, I forgot: In your FACE Drummond House!

The Process said...

I am so glad you mention Drummond house Charis, because they were definitely a common household name in this house last week.
The shoes are a good idea but really the kites are a better investment for the future. No need for Ellis or Owain to take the bus to school . . .they've got snowboard kites and really isn't that what sustainable living is all about?!

chris said...

Owain and Ellis won't be getting near my snowboard kite, but I appreciate the tie into sustainability.

Anonymous said...

How bout rocket shoes that run on methane gas that Charis could harvest from the horses? The energy crisis isn't going to solve itself, people!
PS - I'm really excited about your winnins. I voted for Drummond House, but you guys looked pretty good, too.

JA

christina said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Anonymous said...

Chris-

I've got one of those snowboarding kites.... They're sweet, don't knock them... They are also ecofriendly and are a self sufficient way to snowboard...
-Jeff