Monday, November 20, 2006

Jay's Big Night


My talented hubby played the gig of his life on Saturday night to an enthusiastic crowd of 180 (!) at the Mabel Tainter Theater in Menomonie. He and five other musicians played two sets of five tunes, seven of which were originals by Jay! People *LOVED* it, including Owain, who cooed and giggled and watched with interest from the back (Ellis was taken with the drums). The Cedarleaf Clan and other friends from the cities showed up en masse, along with several of Jay's co-teachers and my midwives, who were all thrilled. I'm so proud of Jay and all that he has accomplished with his music since he's moved here. He's a creative force to be reckoned with!

3 comments:

charissimo said...

If you want a really authentic experience, I can come by and throw my underwear.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jay! I love the image of Owain in the back of the room diggin' on his dad's music!

Anonymous said...

To those talented LVFarmians: just want to wish you a very Happy First Thanksgiving to little Owain, Happy Second Thanksgiving to young Ellis, and much love to each of y'all. I am thankful for your lives, and for the way you share it with us via your blog. Kath