Thursday, January 19, 2006

Working from Home














Well, so far so good with the whole "working from home" thing. Granted, this consists of work a little, nurse a little, change a diaper, write some emails, play with Ellis, work a little more, have some lunch...you get the picture. What a gift to be able to be home most of the week, though. Surprisingly, it's been good for me to be working again. It's like I've gotten a tiny little part of my previous life back - a part that I enjoy and am grateful for. If I'm going to be working, this is where I want to be. It feels good to be productive in a non-mom way and to see and interact with my colleagues...good people who really get what we're doing (and trying to do) out here on Lostview Farm.

Ellis turned 4 months old last week and he is a serious character. He has recently learned to make raspberries with his lips (managing to spit all over himself and whoever happens to be entertaining him). He's also laughing more these days - a beautiful little giggle that brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. He screams less often but louder when he chooses and very directed ("I'm bored, get me out of this swing NOW!"). He's learning to roll over and grab at toys and faces, he is very interested in everything we're doing - especially anything going on in the kitchen. If he doesn't love the smell of garlic or baking pizza when he grows up, I will be shocked.

Watching him grow has only become even more miraculous and thrilling, knowing what we will get to experience with Charis and Jay in just 6 months. That Ellis will have a cousin-sibling (cousling?) so close in age just makes my heart soar. Our house will be craziness for the next few years...a whole new level of activity and growth for all of us. Come on over and join the mayhem!

These are some of my favorite Ellis photos from the last month or so. His favorite part of Christmas was lying under the tree...he spent hours squealing and staring up at the sparkly lights. And as you can see, he has a good appreciation for home brew (don't worry, grandmas, he didn't taste any).

I should get back to work. I'm sitting at the desk in our living room, looking out the picture window at the horses chasing each other around in the snowy pasture. It's a good life.

1 comment:

charissimo said...

Well I'll answer. My mom whipped up that little pope hat for Ellis with her own two hands!

Sewapopehathoneylovemom

XXOO