Monday, August 14, 2006

The waters have broken

Well, I'm not sure what to attribute it to: my massive blubbering/weeping freakout on my midwife yesterday, the fact that I'm now nearly two weeks past my due date and as big as a Belgian, or that Thelonious must hate hospitals as much as I do (I originally had tests scheduled for today to make sure everything was AOK in there), but since I've been sharing the most intimate details of my life on these pages anyway...

GUESS WHO WOKE UP IN A PUDDLE THIS MORNING?

So, here we go!

Now my midwife says I'm to "go about life as usual" (good luck to us) until some serious contractions start, taking my temperature and pulse every four hours to monitor for infection. Then it's off to the birthing center with me. Supposedly within 12 hours I'll be in honest-to-goodness labor. But as we all know, certain fetuses like to take their time...

We'll try to keep posting with news as it happens! It's better than CNN!

Love and actual babies on the outside to all,

Charis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great news! I'll be checking in and praying for you all a lot today, for a smooth labor and delivery and a beautiful birth story. Peace, strength, and courage to you! Take joy in the ride!

KarenP