Monday, March 16, 2009

In the interest of full disclosure...

I have a tendency to get all gushy about the beautiful seasons here at Lostview. The lush summer, the vibrant fall, the clean, crisp winter, and then the tender newness of spring...which really doesn't actually come until very late spring, practically summer. What's typically missing from my happy, adjective-filled odes to the seasons, is the long stretch from February through April in these parts.

BUT, there is much to be said for this time of year! Spring is SO CLOSE, you can feel it in the air! In fact, the air was a balmy 60 degrees this past weekend and we all poured out of the house, vowing not to return until the sun went down. Ellis actually exclaimed (while barreling down the muddy driveway) "I love it outside! I never want to go back inside, ever!" This is a true gift for a kid who asks me daily when it's going to be summertime and when he'll see grass again.

It was wonderful to wander the farm in the warm sunshine and mud, everyone (adults, kids, chickens, horses) giddy with springtime delight. But it's muddy, people. And stinky (ever wonder what thawing manure smells like?). And dirty (previously snow-covered broken toys and wind-blown garbage getting re-exposed for the enjoyment of all). And wet. And coming alive.

Here are some photos of the spring thaw...I can't wait to post new photos of the transformed landscape come May. In the meantime, get out your rubber boots!

And a couple snaps of my big boy...I couldn't resist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it becca forget the boots- go barefoot aj xo

Julianne said...

I covet your John Deere t-shirt, Ellis