Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Reminder of community

At first I did not want to post my previous blog about my new worldview. I am sad to make people upset and worried, but glad for all the response. Maybe I should not be sad to make people worried. Is it not community when one knows the truth? Plus, in my venting I was reminded of the community I have. So many people called and emailed me: THANK YOU. What a true blessing. All the comments on the blog were terrific: Thanks.
Reflecting on a society based on fear and bandaids, I honed in on my small community. Looking simply at the creation of the deck no band-aids were used. All the people and work involved is amazing. Everyday I walk on the deck, I will be reminded of care and love from friends and family: Chris, Becca, Charis, Jacob, Mark, Eric, Ken, Tom, Greg, Ted and Jeannine. Also everytime I look at the house and use the house, I will be reminded of all the people and their love and sweat to make it so beautiful and warm.
Still anger and frustration at our society and it's lack of trust and respect. Heard a report on BBC about gun sales doubled in Baton Rouge, LA since the devastating catastrophe. All the interviewees said fear was why they bought the guns. If you know your neighbor and are known, there is no need for fear.
Thank you for knowing us and making yourself known. I love stories and that is how Jesus taught. Stories are how we become to know each other. I think that is the ultimate purpose of this blog.

Jay

No comments: